Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally have an azureus egg that is developing into a tadpole. It has the external gills right now and i have it in a petri dish surrounded by water, sitting on a moist paper towel in a covered tupperware container.

My dilemma is that I am going to my cousin's wedding in portland early tomorrow morning and won't be back until late sunday night. What should i do to make it so if the tad does break free from the egg sac, it will be ok? I figured i just needed to put enough water in the petri dish, but i'm not sure. I'm also concerned because there is debris in the petri dish that is stuck to the egg sac, and i don't want the tad to try and eat it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

G

·
I would assume that you should be fine, but I can't positively say that it will definitley live till then. Sometimes when I get caught up in different things in the frog room, I can forget about the eggs for a while, and they break out and still live. So basically, you should be fine, but if you truly wanted to be safe, you could take the egg along with you on the trip. :D Hope this helps.

G

·
a small amount of water, few drops, on or near the egg should be sufficient for the tad to sit in if it were to hatch out prior to your return

G

·
hey mindcrach
the azureus i had or now 4monts ,in a few hours 3on land en stil 6waiting.
put the tadpole in a bottercrock or a smal plastikbox
1,5cm water is enough (softwater 1/2osmose +1/2crackwater depent of
hardness
ech tadpole seperate(kanibal) the or for 3monds tadpole depent of the temp.
so refresh the water before you go i think its ok (tray to make tadpoletea) tadpole can rest longer in that water 1-23 till 4weeks
gr mast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts