Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the only tad to hatch from my first azureus clutch has died. I'm guessing it was because of the dramatic dip in temperature in my house last night (it got way below 65F.)

On the bright side, my azureus pair has laid two more eggs, and I was wondering how to avoid this problem in the future. Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to raise a large number of tadpoles individually at a near constant temperature? Also, do you use aged tap water like I do, or some other kind of water?

Thanks very much. :(

-John

·
Registered
399 Posts
John-

Loosing the tad could be any number of things. I don't think a low temp for one night was it though. There are factors that you did not mention. Was this one of their first clutches? How many days had it been in the water?

I use reverse osmosis water for all my tadpoles, and tanks. I have tried doing the tadpole tea, but i have no problems with my tads, so i don't worry about using it.

If it was a very young tadpole and from one of your pairs first few clutches, just give it a little time. I don't know where you are, but i would never, ever use just straight Arizona tap water (it's pretty bad)!

Good luck with those other two eggs!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts