Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't think my azureus were mature, they were very tiny when I got them last July. But when I was doing some pruning yesterday I peeked under the hut and was surprised to find these eggs :eek: they seem to look OK (judging from some bad eggs my terribilis produced) any thoughts ? I was thinking the first spawns were typically duds.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one on the far left looks a little weird, but it's probably just the picture or something.
yes that far left one is starting to get a little funky, seems like if they are not nice & black they go south

·
Registered
19,312 Posts
Didn't think my azureus were mature, they were very tiny when I got them last July. But when I was doing some pruning yesterday I peeked under the hut and was surprised to find these eggs :eek: they seem to look OK (judging from some bad eggs my terribilis produced) any thoughts ? I was thinking the first spawns were typically duds.

First spawns do not have to be funky... part of that may have been due the issues with supplements or other factors.

Ed

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I would post an update, tinc pics are as common as sliced bread but I'm still stoked as these are the first azureus tads for me:D only two of the eggs shown in previous photos made it to tadhood;) one has been out of water a few days the other just came out today.
I have tads in cups from later spawns but none close to coming out of the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Congratulations! Cute lil guys!

I'm amazed at the color...yours are a really light blue. Are the parents light like that? I know just a short while ago, I saw Patrick at Saurian had what he called a "white" Azureus for sale...it was very unusual...and pretty...and expensive!

My azureus come out a really deep blue...but the parents are like that. That's why I picked them. I wanted the darkest brightest blue I could find with lots of black spotting. I was trying to get as close to "natural" as I could. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone, Wendy the parents are normal blue, I think this froglet may look lighter as it had just come out of the water & still had a tail stub. It is darker blue now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think that's one thing that never get's old. I've had darts for around 8 years now and have raised hundreds of tads and I still get excited during all the stages of developement. Congrats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts