Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi :)
I have 2 "pairs" of D.tinctorius - Azureus and Powder Blue. Not in the same tank :) All of them are 2 years old.

Here they are :)

Azureus
Number 1:

Number 2:

Both of them on 1 photo:

Powder Blue

First one:

Second one:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm pretty sure my two Azureus are both female and about two and half years old it's a crap shoot when you buy them young.

·
Super Moderator
2,924 Posts
Yeah, I guess the solace for those two morphs is that it shouldn't be hard at all to find someone willing to trade with you, if breeding is a priority. If it's not, you are likely all good since having 2 of the same gender in the same tank is usually fine for Tincs.

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today I have found eggs in my Powder Blue's terrarium. That means I have female, wright ;P

·
Registered
513 Posts
It is at this point in the thread that I will boldly step forward and say, “I knew they weren’t all males.”

Serious though, tincs are so hard to sex. When I see a known male side by side with a known female I always think, “well duh.” But otherwise I can never tell.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It is at this point in the thread that I will boldly step forward and say, “I knew they weren’t all males.”

Serious though, tincs are so hard to sex. When I see a known male side by side with a known female I always think, “well duh.” But otherwise I can never tell.

Seems appropriate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If tinc are in perfect health and the quality of the photo is good, they are not hard to sex at all. Tinctorius is probably the easiest amongst dart frogs to sex.

I never said I am sure these are all males. I said they LOOK like 4 males. This is based on the photo's that we're shown and I would give the same answer annytime.

So don't come with that 'some people think they know everything' bullshit. I only see people who spend their time and effort to help other people.. People that tend to be 'know it alls' are not helpfull at all, they rather waste their time on rediculing other people with good intensions..

·
Registered
127 Posts
If tinc are in perfect health and the quality of the photo is good, they are not hard to sex at all. Tinctorius is probably the easiest amongst dart frogs to sex.

I never said I am sure these are all males. I said they LOOK like 4 males. This is based on the photo's that we're shown and I would give the same answer annytime.

So don't come with that 'some people think they know everything' bullshit. I only see people who spend their time and effort to help other people.. People that tend to be 'know it alls' are not helpfull at all, they rather waste their time on rediculing other people with good intensions..

Unsure if I’m being include in this post. While I maintain what I posted has relevance it was mostly for humor. Text is a poor format for humor if you don’t know the person personally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Encyclia

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
Today I have found eggs in my Powder Blue's terrarium. That means I have female, wright ;P
Well, a female something. Are they frog eggs? ;)

OR parthenogenesis ;-)
Mark
Wait, what? Now males can reproduce parthenogenically, too?!?

This never came up in the birds & bees talk I got... :)

Reactions: Organics

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
It's a brave new world out there, SM.
So I've heard -- but once this extreme social distancing business is over, I'm not sure I'm going venture back out there. Hiding in my reptile room is really starting to feel like a reasonable lifestyle choice. :)

miu miu, I'm happy for your eggs. Exciting stuff!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts