Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my azureus just started breeding again. How long should I leave the eggs in there before taking them out? I just want to make sure they get fertilized.

Hope they hatch!

But anyways, I am building a bigger vivarium. When I take them out of their old vivarium and put them into their new one, will they keep breeding as long as I keep the conditions similar?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I usually leave them in for the standard 48 hours, but recently I have begun leaving them in until they are almost ready to hatch. All the tads don't make it but I feel it is good because the weaker tadpoles are weeded out. As for them stopping breeding when being moved to another tank, it is a possibility. My cobalts stopped breeding for about a month after I moved them, but my green and bronze auratus laid a clutch of eggs two days after I changed their tank, it depends on the frogs.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Generaly, if you're frogs are breeding, and you want them to keep breeding, most people recomend not changing anything.
A lot of times a real subtle (to a human anyways) change can mean a big difference to a frog. I've heard stories about people who have had frogs breeding like machines, and then they move the tank to another room, and they stopped breeding completely (for a few months).
Congrats!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts