Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My azureus don't like laying on the petri dish. I've got 2 coco huts, one with a petri dish under it and another with a spreadable cream cheese lid under it. I've moved the cocohuts around and switched them up so I know it's not that they prefer one location to another, rather they just like the cream cheese lid. However, I think it's an eyesore. Would it be wrong of me to put 2 petri dishes in there instead? I'm assuming they'll learn to love the petri dishes right?

·
Premium Member
Cobalts, Azureus, Green & Bronze Auratus, Northern Variabilis, Leucomelas & Vanzolinis
422 Posts
I keep both a petri dish under a coco hut as well as a black film canister in my breeding viv. They use both. So...if your's aren't liking the dish, try some film canisters. You can hide these pretty well so that you never have to see them.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If the entire lid fits under the hut, you could turn the opening towards the back of the tank. If the hut sits on the lid and the exposed rim is the eyesore, how about trying a smaller plastic lid from something else.....or maybe the smell of cream cheese just gets em going!:eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
you can try the petri dish under the coconut hut and on the other side of the viv you might want to use a piece of coconut bark with a petri dish under it.
all my tincs and auratus seem to go back and forth between clutches sometimes the hut sometimes under the bark. no reasoning why they just switch.
very rarely they lay on the occasional leaf. keep the petris clean and fresh and swap out while cleaning them. hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mine use the Petri dish regularly under a coco-hut.

Worth a try
Same here...I keep #3 petri dishes and coco huts in mine...they just bounce around to different ones and lay eggs at least once a week!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts