Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I think its impossible to tell how old the frogs are from pictures. The best anyone would be able to make is an estimate. I personally think those frogs look a few months oow (2-4?).

As previously stated, you can expect the frogs to reach sexual maturity at about 1 year of age. I think 2 years is the "traditional" age that they should mature, but most frogs in the hobby are considered "obese", and I do believe that this is causing them to mature earlier. (A parallel can be drawn in humans where you can see a similar trend that shares a correlation with the incidence of obesity Girls are reaching puberty earlier than ever : Disease Proof)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Slow your roll there buddy. A watched pot never boils, and an irritated frog never breeds. I kind of made part of that saying up, but you get the point.

Reactions: mark c

·
Registered
981 Posts
Those frogs appear to be a couple-few months old.
My newest male called at nine months.
Some frogs call louder than others, but with azureus you should notice a larger toe pad size on the males before hearing a call.
I've had a breeder that I never heard call, and I have one who wont shut up, so it depends on the frog.
In my experience, its around 1.5 years before they'll breed.

Good luck, tommy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts