Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got these guys the other day...

R. Flavovittata there are 3 total but could only get pics of 2 these guys seem to be quite bold as well. See how bold they are once they settle in.....

Flavovittata #1

Flavovittata #2

R. variabilis 'Highland' I have 5 of these 4 came in yesterday and one of the new four was an extra freebie....Here are pics of 2 that were out and about.

Big one

This little guy is really bold has been out all day hanging around

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are in QT right now......It is river pebbles screened off and then sphagnum and leaf litter in these tanks.

In my main vivs I use Zilla jungle bed( I think it's called) mixed with ground sphagnum, charcoal, calci-sand, clay, ground seagrape, cocofiber, fir bark.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Azurel,

Very nice frogs. Good luck with them!

Richard.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are some nice pickups. Glad to hear you are quarantining your frogs.
Hi Azurel,

Very nice frogs. Good luck with them!

Richard.
Thanks guys really happy with them....Loved both species when I first layed eyes on them. Wanted R. variabilis from the get go but at the time were hard to find. Now they are all over the place. Figures....Have them now though.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thos Flavs are absolutly Hideous! Abominations! You should just send those to me so i can dispose of them properly. :D

First on the froglet list!
LOL....You wish.

Yea man I will let you know gonna be awhile though.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The Variabilis look so much like C. Valley and yet SO different at the same time. i want some but I know my wife would give me a hard time about them looking alike.

I still have a tank (the one on the portal page of DD) sitting empty waiting on some Standard Lamasi from Chris. i also just opened up a 12x12x18 that I was using for froglet grow out. Not sure what I want in there but definatly a thumb. Tarapoto perhaps? Beautifull frogs that are WAY under appreciated.

Well it was empty but I put a pair of C.Valley in it for a upcoming contest...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tarapoto have caught my eye as well they were on the list in the beginning as well.....I want to do a variabilis and CV tanks right next to each other...Since one imitates the other be kinda cool to have them side by side.

My wife pretty pays me no mind as far as what they look like.....Other then "Oh those are cute"....

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will have my first O. pumilio coming in the next few weeks....picking them up from someone semi-local......Tuss line Darklands.....Can't wait for those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts