Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump....

anyone have pictures of any cpu fans that have used in there viv?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I rigged a CPU fan up into this assembly and it works perfectly. The AC/DC converter I used has variable voltage so I can speed up or slow down the fan for my needs.

This pic is from before it was installed.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I rigged a CPU fan up into this assembly and it works perfectly. The AC/DC converter I used has variable voltage so I can speed up or slow down the fan for my needs.

This pic is from before it was installed.

That fan looks great...I noticed you used the same design as the member who created the DIY fan thread....Just wondering why you used all the elbows and rotating joints? Im assuming since you coated the entire thing in silicone, then substrate, that it doesnt rotate to well now. In any case, I like the look of it covered and I will do the same!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I did follow his plan. I coated each piece individually, so it swivels and turns just as well as if it wasnt coated.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I assume there is a mesh screen or some other plan for keeping animals out of the fan blades? ...assuming this is going into the tank itself. I couldn't see anything like that in the pic.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yea, there is mesh on either side of the fan making it inaccessible for the frogs. The fixture hangs from the glass lid and can rotate and swivel to hit any area of the viv.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Rad...as for the azoo fans I think I'm going to try them on a new hex viv that is almost done. I think lack of air circulation has killed a lot of my past plants.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I will be making some DIY computer fans when they arrive for my new vivs, hopefully this will help with broms rotting sometimes. ab1502, I never noticed that you had the different parts individually coated so it could still move, that's a great idea I'm going to have to borrow that idea of you don't mind. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts