Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recipe Cuisine Dish Food

3 eggs in a petri dish :) only problem is that i do not know how long they have been there for, i know your supposed to leave them for 48 hours to ensure fertilization.
they are black on top white on the bottom, do you think they are good? Frog Poison dart frog Amphibian Cobalt blue Terrestrial animal

pair hunting together

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Sorry to say but they do look bad to me. Are these their first eggs? Usually their first few clutches end up bad. Congrats though, there will be much more!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also my first reaction, these are not the pair's first clutch, but are the first clutch they have laid for me

·
Registered
827 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I got my year old pair in November. Got my first eggs quickly but they weren't the first. Infertile as they were for the seller. It takes azureus a while to get the hang of it. Everyone has that complaint. Don't take it personally. Good eggs will develop so you really can't do much wrong. I barely clean my eggs off. I just take the petri dish out and put them on top of lightly damp paper towels in a container with air holes. I spray it quick and leave it. I'll spray it a bit here and there but don't want to soak them.

I got another 8 eggs today. I have a total of 26 eggs right now, 15 tadpoles, and 2 froglets from the pair. They're really doing well for me and the tadpoles are healthy. Frogs are healthy too. I'm noticing healthier breeding all around since switching to Repashy Calcium plus (ICB) as my sole supplement. I used to use a alternating schedule of Dendrocare, Repcal, and herptivite. I've dropped them all as after talking with Sean Stewart about them doing the same thing, I'm confident that the repashy covers all the bases and the others don't need to be alternated at all. With that 3 supplement rotation I still got a vitamin A deficiency in a couple tincs. Since switching it's gone. I thank the beta carotene and retinol in the ICB as also brightening colors a bit.

If you haven't tried this I suggest you do. Will be a good start for breeding your pair.

D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same thing happened to me when I got my year old pair in November. Got my first eggs quickly but they weren't the first. Infertile as they were for the seller. It takes azureus a while to get the hang of it. Everyone has that complaint. Don't take it personally. Good eggs will develop so you really can't do much wrong. I barely clean my eggs off. I just take the petri dish out and put them on top of lightly damp paper towels in a container with air holes. I spray it quick and leave it. I'll spray it a bit here and there but don't want to soak them.

I got another 8 eggs today. I have a total of 26 eggs right now, 15 tadpoles, and 2 froglets from the pair. They're really doing well for me and the tadpoles are healthy. Frogs are healthy too. I'm noticing healthier breeding all around since switching to Repashy Calcium plus (ICB) as my sole supplement. I used to use a alternating schedule of Dendrocare, Repcal, and herptivite. I've dropped them all as after talking with Sean Stewart about them doing the same thing, I'm confident that the repashy covers all the bases and the others don't need to be alternated at all. With that 3 supplement rotation I still got a vitamin A deficiency in a couple tincs. Since switching it's gone. I thank the beta carotene and retinol in the ICB as also brightening colors a bit.

If you haven't tried this I suggest you do. Will be a good start for breeding your pair.

D
coincidentally, i use a calcium and supervite seperately right now, but it has been about 6 months +/- so my calcium+ is supposed to get here next week :)

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Jet black eggs, they look good to me! Usually when they are bad they will be white and get moldy quick. Those eggs look perfect. It usually takes a few days for development to happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey my dad (catman25) has some experience with azereus he has had at least 30 azereus eggs hatch and become froglets theyv are now for sale for $30 or $25 for fertilized eggs :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts