Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my first cluch of tapoles just hatched today I have them in a heated tank with each in their own rearing cups with RO water.
Just a few questions, they seem to not move too much :rolleyes::confused:only when they are moved .
When can I start feeding them , or are they too small, ie still feeding off their yoke .
What type of fish food, flake ?

Tx.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
First off, they don't need to be heated past 80. If it is over 80, you are harming them.

Secondly, I use a high-quality fish pellet and feed only as much as they will eat at one time. I start feeding them once they are more active and swimming around, or until they poop in the water (usually by day 3 or 4). P-Pel Spirulina-Enriched Sinking Pellets is what I use. Tetramin is very low quality compared to others b/c it has a lot of added colors and other preservatives. Ask a private fish-store owner what the higher end flakes and pellets are, which don't have all the additives.

Don't worry about how much they move or you may overstress them, unless this lack of movement is due to the water being too warm. Very young tadpoles, IME, don't swim a lot right at first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts