Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the new blog for this week for the website, and needed some pictures of auratus. I thought it turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share.

I'm going to continue photographing different morphs. If I eventually got some posters showing different morphs of some of the more common species (auratus, tincs, leucs), is this something people would be interested in?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would love a tinc poster. I would look forward to that!!

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

1. Camo
2. Costa Rican Green and Black
3. Kahula and Cream
4. Nicaraguan Green and Black
5. Highland Bronze
6. Panamanian Green and Black
7. Panamanian Blue and Black
8. Hawaiian (Tobaga Island, Panama)
9. Turquoise and Bronze

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice start but there are quite a few more locale, morphs here, I have all but green micro spots which will be here in a week now. Why list Kahula and creme? Why not a campana lable? I will have them all soon in multiple lines as well as a few rarer ones and Colombians.

Michael

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These were just pics I had time to take today - I know there are another 2-3 morphs down in the frog room I didn't have time to get to. We label our frogs as they are acquired - I find it's much easier to track lineages when it comes to that.

I wasn't aware Colombian auratus were legally in the US - post some pictures!

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm missing a lot - this was just pics I took today. Now, if I get around to Dendrobates tinctorius, I can currently photograph 21 different morphs between Josh's collection and mine.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Zach Im bringing them in legally, I have no intensions of stirring up a mess but I will share no worries on that. They have been legally exported from COlombia a few times so they werent too hard to find.

I have a decent collection of auratus going here. I do have all the known locales here even the kahula but they seem to just be hand picked campana. The green micro spot make up the last of what I needed now Im seeking the rest elsewhere as well as more lines. They are nice shots you got. Id like to personally see both the blue black locales posted as the old line is extinct in the wild. I can help you out with pics as well if needed when I get another camera. Aruatus have become my only focus as of late, all other frogs are getting handed out.

Michael

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool deal. I'm thrilled that the Colombian auratus will be available in the hobby - something about those clean green circles does it for me. I knew they were in the hobby overseas, but was not aware of any public imports to the US, so I assumed there was some reason for it.

I may be down in your neck of the woods at some point next year for a show - maybe we can meet up for a photo session.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Cool deal. I'm thrilled that the Colombian auratus will be available in the hobby - something about those clean green circles does it for me. I knew they were in the hobby overseas, but was not aware of any public imports to the US, so I assumed there was some reason for it.
I agree they are nice, Im trying to grab up a few unrelated lines. I will let you know what else I have found when I hear back over there. I went on the UK board seeking info as well.

I may be down in your neck of the woods at some point next year for a show - maybe we can meet up for a photo session.
Sure, but I dont do topless without cash up front........Aytime you make it down here. I have started a new setup geared to hold all these frogs as well. I hope to get it shared soon. Im also considering an all female all locale/morph viv as I have the 4' cube to finish. It would make for a nice show viv.

Michael

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Nice start but there are quite a few more locale, morphs here, I have all but green micro spots which will be here in a week now. Why list Kahula and creme? Why not a campana lable? I will have them all soon in multiple lines as well as a few rarer ones and Colombians.

Michael
Make sure you post them, Mike. Ive heard the ones from Colombia are sweet.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I made one similar like the Pumilio one that you can buy, except for Tincs. I picked the popular morphs and pulled most pics off of Tropical Experience and other members. Only made one for myself, but to the OP I think it is a great idea to do one on Auratus or Tincs.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Are the black and white kuna yala auratus currently in the u.s.? Id love to see some more pics of them!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
looks good. I'd love a poster like that.....

I'd also love one of those posters you'd see in your vet that list all the different kinds of dogs, but instead of dogs, you'd list types of darts n such.....haha. Random, but I'd love a huge poster/banner like that

1 - 20 of 31 Posts