Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a green and black that is either increadibly gravid or it has a thyroid problem. It's been super fat for almost a month now. I'm pretty sure that if I have any males, they are not mature yet. Will she lay the eggs anyway if she's ready, will she reabsorb them, or will she explode? It looks like I might have another one that is starting to become rotund...do females mature before males do?

I'm just kidding about them exploding, but I'm starting to worry. I've got the standard cocohut and petri dish setup.
Thanks

Lydia

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if she is getting huge then you may have another problem like parasites. What vitamins are you using? If there is no male around or one not ready she just might lay the eggs or reabsorb she won't die from eggs in her from my understanding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pic

Here's a picture. Sorry about the size and quality. We spent our money on frogs before we spent it on a camera...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hm

Well, it loaded for the preview. If you could PM me with an e-mail, I'll send you the pic directly. Thanks for the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bleh...no frogs on photobucket...try Image Shack
Nice little atelopus to look at while laundering your photos. ;)
sorry mindcrash...just had to do it! :)

-Bill J.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank you Bill for mentioning Image Shack. I was looking for a solution to show some pics for several forums. I will try-out now if it works. Its only off topic but give it a try. Its a picture of one of my show paludariums. Inside there are 5 E. tricolors. Some of you can see that it is a Vivaria Vivarium that i have built. See also the topic European style vivarium. http://www.dendroboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=829

1 - 10 of 10 Posts