Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Traded my group of 5 CR auratus about a month ago....now you've got me missing them:mad: Looks like you have a really bold group and their patterns are really nice as well. Have you gotten any tads from this group?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No tads yet; they have laid eggs but the eggs were bad. Not a surprise considering they are still young. Im hoping the next few clutches turn out good. When I had only a pair I barely saw them, but since adding three more, they are out in the open a lot more. I bought them all sexed out from Patrick at saurian.net. Their unique patterns makes identifying individuals really easy.

One more pic, male on top with jigaw pattern on back and one of the females on the bottom. You can also see a frog getting a front foot in the shot.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nice pics, wish mine would hold still like that, they scatter when they see me coming even when I try to sneak up all slow like. Guess I'm not very stealthy :eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
love auratus groups, awesome frogs. Glad to hear your frogs are bolder now than before. I had a pair and introduced 3 more as you did and they seem to have confidence in numbers

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone

love auratus groups, awesome frogs. Glad to hear your frogs are bolder now than before. I had a pair and introduced 3 more as you did and they seem to have confidence in numbers

The females wrestled amongst each other when I first introduced them, but it has settled down. Its really cool seeing all the females compete for the males attention. What kind of auratus btw, and post some pics up

·
Registered
255 Posts
theyre Campana's. I'm currently looking for inspiration for a new viv. for the group. I'll get some pics up. Was the wrestling among females obvious?

·
Registered
255 Posts
So interesting. Mine don't seem to fight at all, but they are shy so I may not see it. Their habits and "personalities" seemed to have blended... they are about the same boldness now, scooting slowly away when you near or remaining still. I think as the enclosure grows in more they will benefit from it, becoming more bold and hopefully breed. How are yours as far as boldness?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Mine are pretty bold actually ( Not as bold as azureus). They do not hide when I approach the tank and you can see at least one of the five out and about at any given instance. I have heard that campana are one of the shyer morphs, while costa ricans are bold as far as auratus are concerned. I think I may have a clutch of eggs since I saw/heard one of the males calling heavily with two of the females following his every move (they could of cared less that I was watching them closely).

·
Registered
255 Posts
This morning I heard my first calling and hours later sat patiently and caught two of my supposed females fighting! I've never seen this before and I feel like I'd have noticed. Theyre both equal size and well fed. Should I be concerned or is this a sign of maturity and breeding activity? They have been housed together for many months and have always been fine right next to eachother

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This morning I heard my first calling and hours later sat patiently and caught two of my supposed females fighting! I've never seen this before and I feel like I'd have noticed. Theyre both equal size and well fed. Should I be concerned or is this a sign of maturity and breeding activity? They have been housed together for many months and have always been fine right next to eachother
My three females fought with each other for the first few days of introduction, but now they barely go at it. My used to wrestle alot but that seems to have slowed down quite a bit also. I have my first set of viable eggs that are close to hatching from this group. That was my experience with this group of frogs. Yours may differ, but I would keep a close eye and if any frogs seem to be in distress you may need to seperate. How old and large are the females and males.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts