Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a "big" clutch of D.auratus bronze: 13 fertile eggs plus 1 white one

I am interested to know what is the maximum number of eggs per clutch
What are your "best" results about auratus???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
About a year or so ago my female Costa Rican laid a clutch of 19 eggs.Only about 5 made it to froglets but it was a big clutch from her.
Mark W.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I got a clutch of 15 fertile eggs, from a pair of farm raised green and bronze auratus, but that was their largest ever. When I feed them termites they were giving me clutches of 12-13 fertile eggs twice a week.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got a clutch of 13 fertile eggs from my Panamanians last week. It was only their 3rd clutch ever, the other two clutches contained only 5 and 6 eggs per clutch, respectively.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
The most we've had in one clutch is seven, but they lay every week and sometimes more often. Our usual clutch is six, and never had an infertile.
I am unsure of the morph/locale, I received them for my birthday, mom and dad picked them up at a pet shop, they are green and dark chocolate brown. They look like pictures I've seen of auratus from tobaga( I don't know if thats spelled right)

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Clutch size for relatives

Speaking of clutch sizes... my biggest clutch from my D. truncatus (a tinc group relative, tiny in comparison) was 13... thats a lot of eggs from a frog about half the size! Sadly it was infertile as the male had yet to get his act in gear. Her average with most if not all the clutch fertile was around 7 or 8 eggs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts