Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the blue/bronze morph and the bronzing starts fairly quickly.

The first is a pix of Jr, less than a week oow;
The second pix is about 3 weeks oow - notice how the dark color starts increasing and taking over the blue color. He's about 8 months now, but he won't hold still for a pix. His pattern is very nice.
The third pix is his mama. I love the way their coloration changes over time.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
green and bronze, blue and bronze and turquoise and bronze are almost undoubtedly the same frog as any combination will breed all colors. so the frog in the last pic is just a "turquoise and bronze" frog, and while its definitely pretty it isnt really an oddball or strange deviation from the normal colors.

as far as the bronze coloring up, you should start to see some color develop in the first 12 months but dont expect anything drastic. they seem to continue to get lighter and lighter with age.

james

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
the "oddball" at about a year old. I know they are all pretty much the same, but this was the only one from the clutch that ended up with any kind of turquoise coloration

sadly it was always a runty little guy, and didnt live much longer after that pic was taken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.