Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
I have a really nice 65gal viv with a pair of Almirante Pumilios, a three tincs, and an orange terribilis. The larger frogs are still young and so I'm watching for agression. I don't follow the non mixing of morphs personally and I like to see a variety of frogs in one viv. But, knowing that female tincs can get aggressive I'm always looking for the bully and will separate if needed. Another thing about the three different tinc morphs that needs to be stated is that if there is ever any offspring they will go into my own private collection or long term displays that I maintain myself.

If I wanted a biotope specific tank though I could have put the pair of pumilios which I love btw in with a single morph of auratus and been very well pleased.

Speaking of vents though, I have another tank with a 2.1 vent trio. Thats 2 males and 1 female with four orange terribs. Biotope specific for this might be luecs and vents.

Space with lots of foliage, ample food, and a close eye is key.

· Registered
253 Posts
What is a close eye?
a lot of noticable aggression comes during feeding but she's right, if a frog just seems like it's not one of the group and is smaller or thinner than take it out. Frogs can go down hill fast is right so if you do want to do risking groups be well prepaired to take a frog out quick if needed. Note though, that taking a frog out of one tank and putting it into another can be as much or more stressfull than the situation it was in especially if some beefy momma frog has been body grinding it all day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.