Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at your web pages I like your tanks. My question is about your flevpol alternative. How exactley did you do this. Also in the tank that has the link to your pages what did you use to build your waterfall and how did you accomplish this? I have to admit your tanks are very realistic and your waterfall looks like it is actual rock.

I believe everyone is curiouse on how you built them and if you have any construction pics of your waterfall.

Thanks,
Mike P.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's been explained here before. The flevopol substitute is actually a concrete primer and bonding adhesive. Quickcrete sells a perfect product. I actually just built a 10G vert and have some construction pics in my gallery.

You build a background with expanding foam first. Sculpt and mold to your idea. I used a slurry of one part Quickcrete adhesive, one part coco fiber and one part peat moss. This mix will be pasty. Spread it all over the foam background, making sure to press it into any crevices. Press dry coco/peat over the wet mix. Allow SEVERAL days for it to thoroughly dry. You might get some cracks, which you can patch with the same slurry. Lightly vacuum off the excess peat and plant.

There are lots of ways to do this. All it takes is your imagination. Just get an idea of what you want the end product to look like.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I think it looks alot nicer is you sift the peat and coco fiber to get more of a powder, then you get a much nice looking background without sticks and coco hairs all in the back.

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts