Dendroboard banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's a video of the vine suspension. At the end I jostle the branch with my hand to demonstrate how loose it is at the base.

I used polypropylene rope, dipped in a silicone and xylene mixture (xylene was used to prevent the silicone from skinning over too quickly), and rolled in peat moss. You can see that most of the peat has worn off, but algae/moss/mold has kept it looking fairly natural. The rope runs through a hole in the glass with a knot and silicone at the end.
What diameter rope did you use? Or is just unraveled some? This looks like exactly what I need to make…

·
Registered
622 Posts
@DarciD I don’t remember the exact size, but it’s probably either 1/4 or 3/8 inch. I found it in an olive color, which probably helps it blend in, even though it’s covered in brown silicone/peat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's a video of the vine suspension. At the end I jostle the branch with my hand to demonstrate how loose it is at the base.

I used polypropylene rope, dipped in a silicone and xylene mixture (xylene was used to prevent the silicone from skinning over too quickly), and rolled in peat moss. You can see that most of the peat has worn off, but algae/moss/mold has kept it looking fairly natural. The rope runs through a hole in the glass with a knot and silicone at the end.
holy crap that's cool. Can I ask what plant that is that looks like a tiny peperomia sp. is?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts