Dendroboard banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Wow! I need to go here. Got any up close pictures of those tanks?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Haha...setting up photobucket was much easier than I thought it would be. Wish I had done it a long time ago!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
And Ron will chime in...in 3....2....1......
You know me too well, Ray.

It's difficult to say specifically what these frogs are (HERE are some recent shots I posted of them). They have traditionally gone by "Moraspungo" in the hobby, but the tricky thing is the ABG facility and their ability to free-range: it's POSSIBLE (but not confirmed) that some of the frogs in there were from different locales, and it's POSSIBLE (but not confirmed) that some of them could have intermixed at some point. The frogs at ABG came in from Ecuador sometime in the 90s, and some of those frogs made it directly into the hands of hobbyists as well. So it's possible we have a group of frogs that were kept isolated (in the hobby) and a possible group that could have intermixed with tricolor/anthonyi from other locales within ABG before being released to hobbyists (but again, this can't be confirmed).

The vast majority of the E. tricolor that I'm aware of in the hobby originated from frogs that came from ABG, and given the possibilities mentioned above, I would personally recommend calling them "ABG" or using some other signifier in order that they be kept separate from any of the frogs that made it straight into the hobby and have been kept isolated. Maybe they could be referred to as E. tricolor "X" or something.

And to Field: great photos!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't really think anyone will reply to this considering I'm about 3 years late, but do they just have the frogs roaming free? What if people stepped on them? I'm asking because I've always thought it would be amazing to have a greenhouse/vivarium thing that I could walk into

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts