Dendroboard banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey Donn,

Of the 15 I've seen from the last import only one was a little thin. The rest could be mistaken for juvenile females based on their pear shape. No rubs, really wonderful condition. However, you are correct that they are extremely male heavy.
Nice to here that they are in good shape. Maybe finally we can have a bit of success with them.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There are two importers and nick mole is the importer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
I wanted a lone male really bad. It's too bad that they're male heavy. Even though I want a male for my collection and don't want to breed right now (too many dart frog projects going on), I still don't wanna see them come in so male heavy, even though I want a male.

If anyone knows a way to help me get a male let me know. This is purely for the fascination of owning one of these awesome frogs. Atelopus was a childhood favorite of mine. So any species would just make my year in the hobby! Stemcellular is 30 minutes from me as is breeding these. I trust Ray's commitment and feel there's no reason for me to also attempt breeding...if I did it would also be for fun and to help captive management.

I'd trade off a pair of pumilio for one even! lol I haven't emailed the sellers because I just don't want to get my hopes up. I'd rather grab one after all of this so I know it will be somewhat established.

If I do grab one and it was actually needed for breeding in the future, I would give it up for that purpose.

Dan

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Dan you should grab one now,I understand they came in in great shape and there are too many males, so you taking one would likely ensure at least 1 more male is available for future breeding projects or at least give it a good shot. These guys like to hang up in the leaves more than on the ground so have some good heavy leafed plants in your tank.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Can anyone steer me in the direction of buying a male? I have the money...I would rather not get one shipped if someone in the NE frog group happened to get a male heavy package of them.

Ray, if you ended up getting an extra male you want to sell, let me know. I emailed you today about stopping by tonight or tomorrow anyway.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
827 Posts
Good!!! So every time you guys sit around talking about them or receive packages hoping for females, remember that Dan wants a male lol

Don't worry Shawn, you know I won't forget to bug you guys about it hahahaha!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know this is an old post, but did anyone get any of the Atelopus from first choice? Where they in good condition? Are any of them still alive?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts