Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Home depot and picked up a few severely marked down plants that I thought would be nice in a viv... (I know some people frown upon this, but always replant the plants and thouroughly wash them before using them in a vivarium). Well I got some Asperigus ferns, and noticed some tiny almost "thorn" looking things on the stems... anyone know if this would be a problem for frogs?

I also got two different "sweet potato vines" stupid question um I'm not going to end up with potatoes am I? and will any of said plants do well in a humid/moist warm vivarium?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yes those "ferns" do have a lot on thorns, not too sure how they will work out in a viv, the sweet potatoes too, they get very large leaves, but as far as Home Depot plants go, as long as they are well rinsed off, leaves and roots, I have never had a "toxicity" issue.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The asparagous (sp.) ferns, if im correct, are actually asparagus. I remember reading up on ferns and i read that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those sweet potato vines get monstrous, and I doubt if a terrarium would provide near enough light for them to do well: they like full sun outdoors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts