Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm looking for a small, 10 gallon tank suitable aroid or other neotropical plant that is lance-leafed with a growth habit similar to Philodendron Wend-Imbe or Anthurium bakerii. I have a niche in mind for my viv but can't quite pinpoint a suitable species...trying to get away from spade or heart shaped leafed aroids and more to clumping climbers that are aesthetically appealing as a bushy-ish aroid with attractive juvenile leaves. I'm thinking maybe just trying to get a bushy specimen of A. scandens small-leafed form. Preferably longer, narrower leaves that are grown fairly close together. A bit of a strange and vague request but I'd appreciate any input anyways.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Syngonium rayii is a very attractive species that isn't too difficult to find. I have it grow as a longgggg vine and then clumpy mass, somewhat spade shaped leaves, but they are a bit more elongated than others. It stays rather small also

·
Registered
505 Posts
Here are a couple I have growing in 10 gallons.

First is a noid Philo I got from Black Jungle way back when they used to only have frogday in San Jose.

Second is a "mini" Philo I got from Ecuador, most leaves are an inch in length or so.

Third is Marcgravia, small leaves but it will grow like crazy once it gets established.

You may also consider burle marx fantasy, first pic in the foliage thread on DB.

Eric

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts