Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! This is going to be my first post on here so I'll keep it simple. When I was a kid me and my mom used to catch all these frogs and keep them in an old fish tank. I don't remember how or what we fed them. But tonight when I was outside feeding the horses in the rain, I almost stepped on a little southern toad (really common where I live) so I picked it up and took it inside to make sure I didn't hurt it. I didn't thank god and I put it in a small fish tank that I have. I think it's a male. From all the research I've done on the southern toad I have found out that they need to eat 8-10 insects a day. Well the closest place to where I live that would sell insects is an hour away. Is there any trick to catching ants or something so he can eat them? I don't have a little bug net but I can try and get one tomorrow (since it's so late here now). Oh and I named him Bob! Thanks!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would thinks it's fine to talk about toads. One of the things I love so much about this board has been it's dedication to teaching people good husbandry practices of their animals. While it might not end up being the most popular topic up here, I'm sure people would be glad to provide any information they can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would thinks it's fine to talk about toads. One of the things I love so much about this board has been it's dedication to teaching people good husbandry practices of their animals. While it might not end up being the most popular topic up here, I'm sure people would be glad to provide any information they can.
Thanks! I just don't want to find myself on the wrong site ya know? Honestly I've always like toads more than frogs. They smell better. (Dont judge haha)

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
It might get moved to.... Toads - Dendroboard

If so don't take it personal :)

I don't wanna steer you away from DB, but frogforum.net is another forum that is good and a bit more general in its focus on frogs/toads... no reason not to have two great forums in your life ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts