Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I bought a 1.1 pair of Varadero from someone on the board. They just arrived today. They told me I'd get two of the four listed:

females:

males:

Later I saw he didn't send me recent pics. There were pics that the dude put up a while back when he sold them. I figured that happens.

These are pics of the Varadero which arrived today:

I know they could be 8 months or so older than the other pics and the marking can change a bit. But do you think these are the same frogs?

Justin

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Picture #2 in the first group and Picture #1 in the second group are the same frog (look at the pattern on the head).

Ditto #3 (first group) and #2 (second group).

s
Number 3 and number 2 could be the same. I disagree with pic 2 first group and pic one in second group. The "splotch" pattern on the head is on the wrong side.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture #2 in the first group and Picture #1 in the second group are the same frog (look at the pattern on the head).

Ditto #3 (first group) and #2 (second group).

s
But the pattern is on the left side in #2 of first pics and right side on picture #1 of the current pics.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Are you worried about the color difference? Cameras bring out different colors and sometimes froglets can be much brighter when young. Try some Repashy Superpig. They are still some fine looking Varadero!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I hadn't noticed that at all about being on the opposite side of the head - but the pattern is exactly the same (duh, but opposite).

I do wonder if one is flipped, bc/ it sure looks the same.

s
Sure, that's possible. You can do about anything with a digital photo!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just mainly wanting to know which is the male and which is the female. I was trying to find all the pics and only found this one from an old post:
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/frog-classifieds/47047-imis-basti.html

That leads me to conclude that the first pic were taken over 16 months ago, so I assume the pattens may have changed a bit as they got older. These were supposed to be a proven breeding pair, but I have not heard any calling. So I'm just trying to figure it out.

Justin

·
Registered
527 Posts
I bought the other 2 =) ... just picked them up a couple days ago and i LOVE them.

I don't think they're 16 months old. I was told 8-9 months OOW, assuming they're all from the same batch which i believe they are. Talked to the original source, they are Understory Line, F2.

As far as which is which ... Yours look less obvious than the ones I got. could be the position they're in in the photos though. Look for the big booty on the female.

Let me know if you hear any calling... I'll keep you updated on my pair as well.

-brett

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks Brett! I we'll I feel deceived. I'm looking at pics sktdvs sent of the parents when I request photos of the actual varaderos. Thanks for helping me with this. sktdvs just circled the issue trying to avoid answering me.

So these must be the children of the F1's he got from thedude. Yes, they looked at younger to me as well, and sktdvs did list them as 8-9 months old. But sktdvs also told me they were proven. Did he tell you that as well? I hope that was true.

Justin

·
Registered
752 Posts
33 in group one is number one in group 2, but the other opne you got does not look like any from group 1. how the back stripes meet and head pattern are different. really though it is hard to say as the pattern does change, none of them look exactly alike. I personally like the varience of possibilities in not prepicking frogs. I think they are both sweet looking though, dont feel dooped

1 - 15 of 15 Posts