Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’ve had these yellows for 11 months now and I’ve had them since they were 3 months out of water. Which would make them about 14 months old, initially asked the breeder about their legs when they were at 6 months old and told that they would still fatten up around 15 months but I’ve noticed their front legs still look very skinny to me. How do I fatten them up? I’ve tried FF larvae but they don’t seem very interested in it. I’m doing light feedings daily with Repashy Calcium Plus, it just doesn’t seem like these guys are attacking and destroying their food like everyone says terribilis do. They’re still active and moving around and otherwise seem healthy I would just like for their front legs to get some weight on them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can you post a picture of the vivarium? This can help us understand the conditions they are living in.

Gastrotheca
-------------------------------
Crested Gecko 0.2.0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes here are some pictures, I keep them at 76 during the day and they drop to about 70 at night, I always make sure the humidity stays high but I also make sure the leaves stay dry enough for their feet. It is a 36x24x18

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am not sure if there is some complicated underlying problem here, but to me, this looks like a healthy environment. I would, however, add lots of leaf litter to the right side and to the back. Looks good though!

Gastrotheca
----------------------------
Crested Gecko 0.2.0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have added some leaf litter in both of those areas recently, that’s actually where both of the pictures of the frogs have been taken from.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice frogs. They look pretty solid to me. But I find it's hard to keep weight on adult terribilis without feeding crickets.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm not seeing any obvious problems there. You may need to keep in mind that a lot of the photos you see of terribilis and dart frogs in general show overweight animals. I really do think people overfeed a fair bit.

I try to keep mine looking 'athletic'. They give me dirty looks and act resentful, but they'll live longer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Everything Fahad said. If you take a look at the Yellow Terribilis in my profile pic, that's the thickest she gets.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thank you everyone for your input, glad that they are doing well. Sometimes I stress too much
Better to check in just in case. It's good to be engaged with the little monsters. If anything ever does go wrong, you'll spot it quicker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts