Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these eggs from my N. Imitator the other day. I see the dad going in to look after them. Not sure if these are good though. Can you help me out? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to leave them. Which one do you think is good? Thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
They look good to me except for one in the very rear.. Prob about 2 or so weeks developed. Do you plan on pulling them?

After looking again. I would say only one is good.
I think he means 2 or so days. You will know for sure in a few days though.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
closest is good, second I cant tell, back doesnt look fertile...

I would leave them, and add 3-4 film containers or condiment cups full of water in the tank for them to deposit

Imis are great parents
Gotcha! I do have a few FC in the tank as well. I will post pictures in a few days for development. Just glad at least one of them may survive!? Thanks guys for your help!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took pictures today which I think they are about 7 days old? Do you see any new development? I can't tell.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm not a good judge as I've never had any successful eggs, but I'd say it doesn't look good. Most of my eggs have always molded over. Until now.

Last Saturday I found two clutches for the first time in my Nominal Imitators. One was old, translucent and already molded over. The other looked new and still transparent. So I decided to pull the film canister and use a little Methylene Blue.

It's been 7 days for me now and I'm shocked to see movement.

It's based on this I assume you're eggs are not good.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not a good judge as I've never had any successful eggs, but I'd say it doesn't look good. Most of my eggs have always molded over. Until now.

Last Saturday I found two clutches for the first time in my Nominal Imitators. One was old, translucent and already molded over. The other looked new and still transparent. So I decided to pull the film canister and use a little Methylene Blue.

It's been 7 days for me now and I'm shocked to see movement.

YouTube - Nominal Imitator Dart Frog Clutch

It's based on this I assume you're eggs are not good.
Nice little video. Congrats and thanks for sharing. I will check them next week and see if they look any different. I do believe the far back one is not fertile. The other 2 are ???? My little male imi is is singing for some more fun, so hopefully the next clutch will look goooood. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My best guess is that the first one is going to be the only one that develops. Don't be sad if none of them do as they are imis and once they get going they are almost impossible to stop. Hell mine are to the point I could pick them up and shake them and they would still be going at it. (don't try this at home ;) )

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My best guess is that the first one is going to be the only one that develops. Don't be sad if none of them do as they are imis and once they get going they are almost impossible to stop. Hell mine are to the point I could pick them up and shake them and they would still be going at it. (don't try this at home ;) )
GOTCHA!! I have patience with these little critters. Now I just need to learn how to tell a fertile egg from a bad egg. Thank you all!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts