Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Here to help
7,657 Posts
Photos of the viv would help. Whether two animals are suitable to be housed together in the same enclosure has as much to do with the size, design and setup of the enclosure as it does the size of the animals.

Also, was the Indo captive bred? Many/most are wild collected, and so quarantine is even more relevant with Indo WTFs than with other species/locales.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Photos of the viv would help. Whether two animals are suitable to be housed together in the same enclosure has as much to do with the size, design and setup of the enclosure as it does the size of the animals.

Also, was the Indo captive bred? Many/most are wild collected, and so quarantine is even more relevant with Indo WTFs than with other species/locales.
Okay gotcha, so the enclosure is a 98 gallon reptizoo tank. The WTFS are all from Petco so I’m assuming captive bred. Also, so the cannibalism of white tree frogs doesn’t just depend on size difference? Here are some photos of the enclosure.

Attachments

· Registered
896 Posts
Okay gotcha, so the enclosure is a 98 gallon reptizoo tank. The WTFS are all from Petco so I’m assuming captive bred. Also, so the cannibalism of white tree frogs doesn’t just depend on size difference? Here are some photos of the enclosure.
The difference in size looks fine to me I don't think you should have any issues... with cannibalism that is... The frogs petco sells are typically in pretty poor health, and sanitation (at least in my local store) is non existent

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The difference in size looks fine to me I don't think you should have any issues... with cannibalism that is... The frogs petco sells are typically in pretty poor health, and sanitation (at least in my local store) is non existent
Okay thank you so much! The frogs I bought this time (da tiny bbs) seem really healthy and very lively, they are very eager to eat. Do you know how long I should quarantine them for? Should I have a whole nother tank set up?

· Here to help
7,657 Posts
The WTFS are all from Petco so I’m assuming captive bred.
No, Petco currently lists lots of WC herps -- Peter's Skinks, Russian and Hermans tortoises, tokay geckos, green tree frogs.

· Registered
208 Posts
No, Petco currently lists lots of WC herps -- Peter's Skinks, Russian and Hermans tortoises, tokay geckos, green tree frogs.
Sad because I wouldn't consider any of those "beginners" species and Petco usually tries to target the beginner customer. Maybe the green tree frog but really how many impulse buyers are going to have a basic or quarantine vivarium already set up at home ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts