Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local vivarium store the other day getting some pinhead crickets. I asked if they had Repashy Calcium Plus and he handed me Rep-Cal. He told me that the Rep-Cal was made by the same company and it's the same stuff. I doubt that's true, but is it? I can order Repashy Calcium Plus online since they didn't have it. I said, "I think I'll pass on that today," and he told me that I need it if I am going to keep my frog. He said that if I didn't supplement my frog's diet with calcium and vitamins that it would start pulling nutrients from it's bones and would become so weak that it would die. Is that true? I had fire bellied toads for around a year when I was about six- or seven-years old and all I did was feed them a few crickets every day. I never supplemented their diets and they seemed very healthy.

The frogs I'm keeping are Pacific Chorus Frogs. :)

·
Registered
19,329 Posts
Yes. If you use the search function there are literally a multitude of threads on supplements.

No they are not made by the same company.

Yes it causes problems.. See MBD

With good care your firebelly toads could have exceeded 15-20 years in captivity.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yes. If you use the search function there are literally a multitude of threads on supplements.

With good care your firebelly toads could have exceeded 15-20 years in captivity.
Ed take it easy on this one. After some of the recent post I think you could use a little break. Save yourself for the questions that require your expertise. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

My parents actually gave them to one of my friends. Not sure what happened to them. I was only like seven years old and I didn't realize you could supplement stuff into their food. :eek:

I'll order some Repashy Calcium Plus online. Just to be sure, is this what I should get?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
He told me that the Rep-Cal was made by the same company and it's the same stuff. I doubt that's true, but is it?
I hope Allen sees this. :p I'm usually all about supporting the local vivarium store - but by the sounds of things this guy doesn't know jack. :( Sad.

You don't need 8oz. 4oz will be more than enough unless you have a large collection. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope Allen sees this. :p I'm usually all about supporting the local vivarium store - but by the sounds of things this guy doesn't know jack. :( Sad.

You don't need 8oz. 4oz will be more than enough unless you have a large collection. :)
It's the best vivarium store that I know of where I live. The people that work there that I've talked to seem rather unknowledgeable, but no place for miles of me has darts or albino pythons. I would have to drive a few hours one-way to find another half-decent vivarium store. They're also the only place that I know of that has pinhead crickets and wingless fruit flies.

I'll get the 4oz since I'm only keeping four frogs. Thanks for saving me some cash. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts