Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a sexed pair of D. Tinctorius Azureus yesterday. The female is all over the place and not shy at all! The male, however, has been hiding the whole time. I know that they're still getting acclimated to their new home so I expect them to be shy. Will the male start coming out as much as the female eventually, or are males shier than females in general?

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've found it to be more on each frog's own personality. Usually takes over a week before they start to get more comfortable. Other factors will play into how often you see them as well. Most notably, the vivarium's setup.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I just got a sexed pair of D. Tinctorius Azureus yesterday. The female is all over the place and not shy at all! The male, however, has been hiding the whole time. I know that they're still getting acclimated to their new home so I expect them to be shy. Will the male start coming out as much as the female eventually, or are males shier than females in general?

Thanks!

John
Azureus are generally really brave but each will have it's own personality. As mentioned above they may take some time to acclimate before becoming bolder. In the meanwhile keep an eye on him, specifically his weight. If he is dropping weight and still acting shy, it may be an issue of aggression.

·
Registered
multiple 18x18x24 vivs
87 Posts
My Fine Spot Leuc male is very shy, my female will jump on my hand willingly and is not shy at all. They are approximately 4 years old. Ive had them in the same setup for 2+ years now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts