Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
just wondering if anyone here has tried to feed their tads Zoo med aquatioc turtle food for hatchlings. I have a lot of this stuff but i dont have turtles anymore so i dont want to waste it. Tell me what you guys think
If it has been opened for more than six months old you shouldn't use it as food as the fat soluble vitamins and oils will have become oxidized. Otherwise it is okay as a tadpole food but you have to be careful to not give them so much it fouls the water.

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
I have been feeding my group of Luristan Newts (Neurergus kaiseri) aquatic turtle food for about 15 months and they have been doing very well with it. If you use it for tads, as Ed has noted, be careful not to use so much that it fouls the water (or be prepared to make water changes to keep the water clean).

Good luck! Richard.

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
Well supplemented adults and quality food are the route to success. A good quality flake fish food is usually all that is needed for non-obligate egg feeder.

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
I have been using human-grade Spirulina for several years with good results. I also make weekly water changes to keep the water from fouling.

Richard.

Will make sure i do enough water changes. Are there any other foods that i should feed the tadpoles? I heard variety is the key to a successful metamorphosis

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Spirulina is a species of algae. You can find good preparations at a health food store.

Richard.

What exactly is spirulina? I've heard a lot about it but I don't know what it is or what types of foods have it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.