Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sort of remember this one manufacturer who sold really cheap aquariums and something about them being the "dollar-a-gallon" people. i have been to their website before but cannot, for the life of me, find it again. does anyone know what i am talking about? thanks a lot.

-shawn

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I picked up some nice 50 gallon tanks from Twin Oaks at Hamburg. Their tanks are nice but they are what I would call economy grade. The glass is not real thick. If you live in a dorm or have small kids I wouldn't recommend the glass ones. They won't take to much of a beating.
Somebody told me that every time they get a Twin Oaks tank they break them. I hauled mine home in the back of my pick up and had no problem.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
When you get the tanks at the show they are terrariums not aquariums, so the glass doesnt need to be that think because they arent going to be filled with water. Maybe the people who broke them filled them up?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
That's good to know. I think that once you buy a big aquarium and have it shipped, you might as well have bought it locally for about the same price and gotten a premium grade aquarium such as Oceanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts