Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im going to be in Minneapolis the weekend of the 10th and im wondering if there is anywhere to buy Broms, Miniature Orchids, and maybe Sinningia. im moving a month from today and the girlfriend has given in to letting me upgrade the 20 high to a 40 breeder. I would realy like to see what some of the local stores have.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Slim pickings. There is an orchid supply shop, not sure what plant selection is like. It's in st Louis Park. Bachmans usually has a decent supply of tropicals but they're expensive. There are a few odds n ends gardening stores (one by nicollet n diamond lake road, the other off of lyndale by bachmans) in mpls but honestly I have better luck ordering lol

I did a quick google, there are a few orchid places in the cities. I've only browsed Orchids limited, the one in Plymouth I guess, not slp. Its just outside mpls

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have yet to find a decent source of Broms, but Gertens usually will have some decent stuff as will Linder's main store. Found some club moss at Gertens a while back.
Forgot about linders, they're probably cheaper than bachmans. Easy to get to as well, right off of rice and larpenteur in st Paul/Roseville border. I found a huge pot of selaginella at, of all places, Ikea. Something like $5? I regret not buying it.

Also random, cub foods for tropical houseplants ala exotic angels. The home depots around here don't really carry them anymore.

If you're looking for background supplies, etc there's a clay store and hydroponics shop in NE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts