Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't heard a darn thing about trivittata in quite a while, other than them being available in the UE shipment.

Who's working with these bigguns these days? Would love to see some pics of these ridiculously underrated frogs.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I was just wondering the same thing the other day...saw a pic of one of the red ones and couldn't believe I don't hear more about them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Really, really want them, and I think there's a place selling them, just time/space/money/wife holding me back.....

And I'm surprised we don't hear about them more too...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really, really want them, and I think there's a place selling them, just time/space/money/wife holding me back.....

And I'm surprised we don't hear about them more too...
UE is working with 3 morphs- Bajo Huallaga, Huallaga Canyon (the 3-stripe greens), and the 'greenbacks'

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm working with Red Trivs such beautiful frogs in my opinion. Mine took a lil while to become bold but now they are extremely bold now. When im looking for eggs or doing work in the tank, they dont care when my hands are half an inch from them they just look at me and u know they are saying feed me. I really love their call to always an awesome sound to wake up to in the mornings.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
They are usually fairly flighty and as such need a decent size tank, 40 breeder or bigger. Like most frogs imported in good numbers their demand has stayed low however UE has morphs that have rarely if ever been imported through normal commercial channels. They are certainly candidates for eating the largest prey items of dart frogs.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have reds, at least I think I do, they (2) stay hidden in a large heavily planted tank. After reading this I searched the tank and found only one of them so I know I still have at least one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I dont have anything to add to the Triv discussion, but: That is a nice example of how a tank with a simple layout, no more than a few plant species, and time to mature can be just as beautiful as a newly finished, complicated build crammed full of dozens of plant species. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Finally saw both frogs together yesterday for the first time in months--hopefully I'll see some young one day in the tank (if they're not there already). And thanks about the tank remarks. This tank has foam boards covered with great stuff covered with silicone and peat. There is a misting system that comes on once per day for 1 minute and a drip bar that comes on twice a day for 1 minute. Most of the back is covered with moss.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I keep the Halluaga Canyon variety. I have 3 of them in a 40 gallon tank. There's a water feature for humidity and heavy leaf litter. I almost never see them, they are very skittish. They roost on broad leaves at night, which is when I do a head count to check on them. I feed fruit flies and bean beetles but have never seen them actually feed. Is it true about them being able to take down larger prey? What are we talking about? small crickets like terribilis? Or thumbnails? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts