Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on what people thought about the product...I have a few of their thermostats, and must say I like them A LOT better than the helix that I have, and it was quite a bit cheaper. And $99 bucks for a misting system? I would say well worth a try!!

MIKE

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The reservoir looks kind of small, but that can be fixed easily. The description says that it can have up to 12 nozzles, so if you're a small hobbyist that only has a few tanks it's OK. I might end up getting a few small misting systems, since not all my tanks are in the same area.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have it. It comes with a small reservoir, but like he said, that can be fixed easily by purchasing a 5 gallon paint bucket at home depot for $5. It is a weaker system (only 12 nozzles), but for a tank in a seperate area or a smaller hobbyist i think it is ideal.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Mindcrash, what is the pressure like on the system? I like a good spray: rainlike rather than mist.It helps clean up waste on leaves and flushes the water out of the drains faster.
Ed

·
Registered
793 Posts
The pressure seems pretty high. It produces a mist rather than rain, I suppose the pressure would decrease the more nozzles you added.

G

·
Ed Martin said:
Mindcrash, what is the pressure like on the system? I like a good spray: rainlike rather than mist.It helps clean up waste on leaves and flushes the water out of the drains faster.
Ed
You can buy different nozzles with a higher flow rate for a more rainlike effect. ...try http://www.cloudtops.com

·
Registered
561 Posts
Matt, Thanks for that website, I'm reconsidering using the Big Apple system and going with the "Rainmaker Jr" System. This system allows a little more flexibility in setup and design. Right now all my vivariums (10) are in a single location but this system will allow me to add on.
Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts