Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know which Colosthetus this is? The photo was taken in Bocas del Toro. Colosthetus talamancae has been sugested. Can someone help me out with the correct species?

·
Registered
308 Posts
sure looks like C. talamancae to me.

MVG Remco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's C. flotator. It was my original guess, then reading from the Savage book it says that C. talamancae lacks the oblique lateral stripe. So my guess is C. flotator.
j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have access, read in Jay Savage's book Reptiles and Amphibians of Costa Rica, that's where I'm pulling my description from. I'm also just going by experience seeing them in the wild. I always confuse C. flotator and C. talamancae, so I'm not the best-- hence why I looked it up.
j

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bet it's talamancae. Last month I was in both Bocas and the Talamanca area of Costa Rica. In CR I got a shot of a C. talamancae (it had to be, that was the only species in my area I'm told), and it looks just like your mystery guy. The Colostethus I shot while in Bocas was slightly different-- I'm guessing flotator. I can send you the photos if you'd like, but they probably won't say anything you don't already know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts