Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up a few days ago from the substrate. Growing fast! The only thing I can think of is the wandering jewel that I killed in this tank last year (yes, that's right, I kill wandering jew. In fact, I've killed every single piece I've ever had of it).

I dunno. Any ideas? It looks like something I might put on a salad.

Flower Plant Terrestrial plant Flowering plant Leaf

Flower Flowering plant Plant Terrestrial plant Leaf

Flower Terrestrial plant Plant Leaf Flowering plant

·
Registered
701 Posts
I was wondering too.... It likes to look at that plant to..... Is it a cross between a blue arrow and a red arrow? Always thought those don't do so well together....

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some kind of bean sprout, huh. I knew it looked like it belonged on a salad. Think I'll yank that on out of the tank. :p

Thank you!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Kris- It doesnt look familiar to me at that stage. It looks like it needs stronger light, but I am pretty sure you've ripped it out by its tender little roots by now. I had a Nephrolepis fern from Taiwan that my boss collected years ago in a 20H and I ripped that nasty thing out a month or 2 ago after it took over the entire tank, background, glass walls, ceiling, etc. Everywhere it could cling its rhizomes to it started tons of new plants.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I did rip it out, and, at the other end of it was a piece of potato :D

I guess it fell in when I was feeding out isopods. Anytime I drop something from my cultures, into the tank, I leave it in the tank. Don't want to potentially contaminate my bugs. And it gives them something extra to chew on in the tank.

Anyway, yea, don't want potatoes growing in my vivs, lol. :p

·
Registered
436 Posts
you should grow the potato and eat it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Potato is Solanum tuberosum, in the Nightshade genus, which also includes the Tomato, but that depends on whether you're a lumper or a splitter taxonomically. I always learned tomato as Lycopersicon esculentum, but some people consider it Solanum esculentum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts