Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these from the local nursery last week because they look like good viv plants. I'm not positive on exact Id's but I have an idea. The first I believe is some sort of fern and the other looks to be a Pepperomia relative. If anyone can give ID's beyond that, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The first one is a heart fern...They will do great in aviv. I have one that has tripled in size.

The second one kind looks like a Peperomia rotundifolia var.maybe?....I have some that look like that but can't think of the name for the life of me.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I didn't realize the name of the fern was so simple. The other looks like your suggestion, but mine has succulent leaves. I can't tell from the pictures I've seen whether Pep. rotundifolia does or not.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hemionitis arifolia is the scientific name of the heart fern incase you want to search some info.....

I went back and look threw my e-mails and that is what I have P. rotundifolia and they do seem to have succulent leaves. Mine are quite thick and waxy feeling.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again! I've already began to gather information on the fern, and I'll write down the pepperomia as a probational ID.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts