Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told looks like a Commelinaceae but have been looking at pictures and can't seam to find the same variety. No flowers yet, so not 100% sure what it is. Whatever it is it's growing like crazy lol and is more of a long vine like plant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a transcendentia species, commonly known as inch plants or wandering jews. They are fast growers. I had some in my vivariums when I first built them but opted to take them out in exchange for something a little less aggressive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a transcendentia species, commonly known as inch plants or wandering jews. They are fast growers. I had some in my vivariums when I first built them but opted to take them out in exchange for something a little less aggressive.
Thanks! Ok so that's 3 people that have confirmed some type of wandering jew. I just wish I knew which subspecies, I also have a lot of the purple variety, and dang that stuff grows fast. And yeah I think I'm going to take it out because aggressive is a good word for it LOL it's taking over!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I see it's
Tradescantia fluminensis aka inch plant! Thank you again! It was driving me crazy because all the ones I was finding where variegated, had darker stems, or where the purple colors of the ones I see more often/ was used to. Finally found the all green one by looking up inch plant ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts