Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have some tads and was told to supplement their pellet food with spirulina/chlorella algae. where is a good place to get it? can you recommend a brand?

thanks
Omer

·
Registered
19,348 Posts
Why not use a good brand of fish food that also contains it? The vast majority of dendrobatid tadpoles are surprisingly carnivorous and a high quality fish food is a good source of food.

Ed

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
If you compare pellet fish foods, with flake fish foods, the flake will generally have better quality proteins and more protein. Even if you check the supposedly same formula and brand. For instance, Ocean Nutrition Formula One flakes are better than Ocean Nutrition Formula One pellets. (Can you guess what I use?) I also like to supplement some freeze dried Cyclop Eeze CYCLOP-EEZE®: Product Info

·
Registered
987 Posts
I don't know if Patrick still sells it, but I have been using Saurian's tad food for years with great results. Also, it goes a long way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought HBH (recommended by the dendroboard tad care sheet) and read that it should be fed with algae supplementation. is there a brand of food that is "all in one"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts