Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these in a sponsors ad recently and they really caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone currently kept these and if so, could they provide some information as to how they do it. I searched around and couldn't find any threads that talked about husbandry requirements, only threads with frogs for sale. I'm not looking to get any more frogs at the moment but I do have a 20H laying around... :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I did for some time but sent them off to another db member in hopes he would have better luck breeding them than me. Pretty easy frogs to care for but i would recomend more space that a 20 would provide. When they Want to they can cover quite a bit of distance very quickly with a single leap. hands down the hardest frog to catch i have ever kept.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I have what looks to be a 3.2. I purchased them as adults from a guy keeping them in a 10 gallon, no rub nose or anything. I will have them in a 20 gallon. They are more semi-aquatic, I have about an 2.5-3 inches of water with plenty of places to get out, such as pots or plants. They are currently in the hydration-chamber. There calling is louder than Mossy frogs and sound like a smoke/carbon-dioxide detector going off. My wife about killed me the first night, so I moved the chamber. In the wild they lay in rotting logs.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have a group I raised from tadpoles about a year ago. I keep them in a tall tank with about 3" of water at the bottom, wood, and plants growing hydroponically. This has worked great and they call EVERY night starting at about a month out of the water. Lucky the call isn't loud and I can sleep through it as the tank is right next to my bed. I haven't noticed any breeding yet, but I'm doing anything to encourage it either. Enough food to keep them healthy, but not enough for them to get fat and looking to breed.

Best,

Chuck

·
Registered
975 Posts
I dont think their call is loud at all. expecially when you are compareing it to a corticale

here is a video of it( not mine ). my cortical are WAY louder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts