Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently recieve 2 cultures of fruit flies from Fruitflys.net every month. I was wondering if there was anyone in the Northern VA / Washington DC area that may want to order fruitfly cultures and split the shipping costs.

Tim

G

·
0 Posts
Tim,

I am totally new to this hobby, but I will definetly like to take you up on the offer once everything is setup. I hope to start my setup by next month, (minus frogs). If you have any details regarding the size/type of FFs you are getting let me know. I plan on setting up a temporary 20g for either 4 tincs or auratus. BTW, why do you keep ordering flys, why not culture them? Being new to this :roll: I thought you could setup a culture and have a continuous supply. Guess I got more reading to do.

thanks,
Luciano

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Some people get cultures to make new cultures from every month, and feed off the ones they make, some people get flies once and keep there own flies going, and some people buy all their flies. I personally got 2 cultures last summer when my flies crashed and I have had the same flies going since. I only buy flies when I want a new type, like golden hydei or the turkish gliders, which are both types I highly recommend.

G

·
0 Posts
geckguy,

thx for the reply. Being new to this any information helps.

Luciano

1 - 4 of 4 Posts