Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get my fist amphibians and initially I've been only looking at dart frogs. But I came across this interesting frog and was wondering what your all's opinions are?

If you could have one or the other species which would you have?

Would you recommend them as a beginner amphibian?

What are your best tips and tricks for this kind of frog?

What is your overall experience with this species?

Thank you in advance for helping!

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After watching many care videos on YouTube and several articles I have decided not to go with the milk frogs for now.

I an going to start out with White's tree frogs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
White's Tree Frogs are a good choice! In the future incase you consider getting milk frogs, I think they're wonderful frogs! They have beautiful coloration and their call is definitely interesting. They're voracious eaters and they're very inquisitive. I personally would choose milk frogs over white's, but that's only because I have experience with milk frogs. As long as you do the proper research, they're totally great frogs and not a difficult species to keep/breed. They readily eat anything that moves and love making a mess. They're big frogs, so they do enjoy some horizontal perching, soaking in big water dishes, and sitting on big broad-leafed plants. Otherwise, their basic care can be found online! They have blue tissues which is something I find rather interesting :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
White's Tree Frogs are a good choice! In the future incase you consider getting milk frogs, I think they're wonderful frogs! They have beautiful coloration and their call is definitely interesting. They're voracious eaters and they're very inquisitive. I personally would choose milk frogs over white's, but that's only because I have experience with milk frogs. As long as you do the proper research, they're totally great frogs and not a difficult species to keep/breed. They readily eat anything that moves and love making a mess. They're big frogs, so they do enjoy some horizontal perching, soaking in big water dishes, and sitting on big broad-leafed plants. Otherwise, their basic care can be found online! They have blue tissues which is something I find rather interesting :)
The blue tissues and interesting colorations is what originally drew me to them. I still may get them as my second species of tree frog.
Yes from the videos I have watched their call almost sounds like a version of a goose call of some kind.
The two main reasons I have decided to go with the whites frog first over the milk frog is number one the availability. Milk frogs seem to be harder to come by in general over the whites tree frog. Second is the variation of color morphs that the whites tree frog comes in. That has really interested me and I find the idea appealing of keeping multiple color morphs. Honey blue eyed, blue phase, snowflake, and even a super snowflake variety which is interesting.

I was looking at an online distributor for whites tree frogs that I will refrain from naming. They had all the varieties I mentioned above and for exceptional prices.... But as I did more research I found that that particular distributor isn't very trustworthy. I can find one or two places that have the morphs I am looking for that are reliable. One place is Josh's frogs and they have exceptional reviews everywhere I have seen. most of the ones that I am looking for are unfortunately out of stock at the moment of course LOL.

So right now I'm just kind of biding my time and trying to decide exactly what I want to do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The blue tissues and interesting colorations is what originally drew me to them. I still may get them as my second species of tree frog.
Yes from the videos I have watched their call almost sounds like a version of a goose call of some kind.
The two main reasons I have decided to go with the whites frog first over the milk frog is number one the availability. Milk frogs seem to be harder to come by in general over the whites tree frog. Second is the variation of color morphs that the whites tree frog comes in. That has really interested me and I find the idea appealing of keeping multiple color morphs. Honey blue eyed, blue phase, snowflake, and even a super snowflake variety which is interesting.

I was looking at an online distributor for whites tree frogs that I will refrain from naming. They had all the varieties I mentioned above and for exceptional prices.... But as I did more research I found that that particular distributor isn't very trustworthy. I can find one or two places that have the morphs I am looking for that are reliable. One place is Josh's frogs and they have exceptional reviews everywhere I have seen. most of the ones that I am looking for are unfortunately out of stock at the moment of course LOL.

So right now I'm just kind of biding my time and trying to decide exactly what I want to do.

Yeah, a lot of items in this hobby are a bit hard to come by right now, I've been slowly building up a new vivarium and waited months before I could find local springtails or isopods, so I'm not surprised that they're not in stock, especially white's tree frogs; they're popular frogs! I love the honey blue eyed morph! Josh's Frogs is a great place to buy from!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, a lot of items in this hobby are a bit hard to come by right now, I've been slowly building up a new vivarium and waited months before I could find local springtails or isopods, so I'm not surprised that they're not in stock, especially white's tree frogs; they're popular frogs! I love the honey blue eyed morph! Josh's Frogs is a great place to buy from!
That one is my favorite also!

I'm got a 38gal bowfront aquarium I was thinking of changing into a terrarium.

My other option is moving my single created gecko out of the 36x18x36 exotera and using it. I know she doesn't need all that space but I'd feel bad downgrading her after 4 years in there. Lol
He "sister" passed late last year. I thought a little early. She only lived 10 years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New edit

So the main reason I decided to get the whites was because of availability and not being able to find any milks.

Well I found milks. So I ordered some. Should ship next week. Can't wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts