Dendroboard banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Damn I need to take a trip to Costa Rica... Sweet shots! Did you take those on a guided tour?
Thanks! The tree frogs and helmeted basilisk were on a night tour. The monkey and hummingbird I saw walking around. I have tons of other cool shots from this trip and other trips to Costa Rica. Its an awesome place to visit.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nothing too fancy here, but these are from a trip I took to Juniper Springs in the Ocala National Forest a few years ago.

This was a small gator we drifted past in our canoe. We came close enough that I didn't have to use any zoom to get this pic.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Must have been an amazing trip... Feel free to post as much as you want. You have anything really rare?

Cairo's beetle is a good example. I was like, WTF is that? LoL

Thanks! The tree frogs and helmeted basilisk were on a night tour. The monkey and hummingbird I saw walking around. I have tons of other cool shots from this trip and other trips to Costa Rica. Its an awesome place to visit.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
These picks bring me back to kayaking in FL... Love that, being out on the water, everything is so quiet... Then the aligator jumps out LoL

Seriously though, I used to go all the time in the mangroves. So many blue crabs, sometimes softshells. Good times...

Nothing too fancy here, but these are from a trip I took to Juniper Springs in the Ocala National Forest a few years ago.

This was a small gator we drifted past in our canoe. We came close enough that I didn't have to use any zoom to get this pic.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice... That jaguar looks like its coming for you LoL Whatever is out of focus in the foreground makes it looks like there's dust coming off his feet like he's speeding up LoL. Very cool.

Scarlet macaw

Jaguar

Yucatan Jay?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
These pics have a really cool feel... Kinda of eerie but really peaceful.
Must have been a fun trip.

Here's another fun canoe ride down the Sante Fe River. We got there about 7am and the fog was thick. We rode for about an hour without seeing the shore on either side. These are a few pics as the fog was lifting.

Finally, we saw some wildlife.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That lizard is gorgeous... Sweet pic. Definitely going to have to plan a trip to Costa Rica. Looks amazing...

So many people on DB go there specifically... Is there a reason for that? Safest of the PDF countries maybe...

Basilisk Cahuita National Park CR

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice shot! I love seeing those guys in nature. I saw one in Costa Rica and decided that I had to have one. They are just so awesome looking. Heres a pic of mine.
I love to watch them running on water, amazing animals is yours the same species as the Costa Rican?

·
Registered
43 Posts
That lizard is gorgeous... Sweet pic. Definitely going to have to plan a trip to Costa Rica. Looks amazing...

So many people on DB go there specifically... Is there a reason for that? Safest of the PDF countries maybe...
Be careful Costa Rica is very addictive once you go there you will be back every year :) I am going back in February to visit Corcovado National Park :D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That lizard is gorgeous... How big is the enclosure?

Nice shot! I love seeing those guys in nature. I saw one in Costa Rica and decided that I had to have one. They are just so awesome looking. Heres a pic of mine.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts