Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Nephrolepsis exaltata aka lemon button fern. How well does it hold up in a terrarium and does it have any special needs? Thanks a lot.

-Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you have a pic of one? I just pulled a bunch of some species of fern out of my bicolors viv that must have came in with the corkbark. It produces runners and it is everywhere in the tank."Weeding" the fern out and the ficus pumila is about a bimonthly thing in that viv.
I have some orchids in there that have been doing good so I don't like having the other plants shading them too much.BTW,the viv has been set up for just about 2 years.
Mark W.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i dont happen to have a picture but each frond in maid up of little rounded oval leaflets seperate from eaichother similar to a maiden hair fern which will be my second choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me know how it does i should be getting mine probably next week if i get my background finished and my hood setup, then i should be ordering some plants from custom ecos as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been pretty insensitive to mine. I've kept it in low light, high light, let it go dry and also kept it fairly wet, and the plant seemed to take it in stride. It doesn't need as much light as some other terrarium plants, so I like to put it in places accordingly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Go to a local fish store (a decent one) and buy a handful. As long as you put it in or near water, or have an area humid enough, it will grow just fine. Just try it out and you'll see.
j

1 - 15 of 15 Posts