Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to Repticon Houston at the Pasadena Convention Center Oct 29th & 30th? Also, has anyone ever gone to past events?
I'm thinking about going since its only a couple hours from here.
I've never been and just wondered what it was like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you attend? I stopped by, it was my first time to go. Smaller than I thought it would be, but nice people and some cool reptiles. Genesis Exotics had darts, as did 1 other vendor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did get a chance to go and glad I went. It did seem small (maybe because it was light on dart frogs:)), but I have nothing to compare it to since I've never been to any reptile conventions. There were lots and lots of snakes (not my thing) and surprisingly quite a few geckos and turtles among other things (tarantulas, scorpions, crabs, etc) and even hedgehogs!
I had a nice conversation with Josh, co-owner of Genesis Exotics. He really knows his dart frog stuff! And of course I had to buy a trio of frogs and a ton of other stuff from him - thought I would have to take out a loan:D, but turned out very reasonably priced.
Did you leave with any new companions?
I had so much fun, I'm thinking about going to the HERPs show in Conroe January 28 & 29.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have bought my frogs from Josh, as I'm like 15 min away from him. He's a great guy.

I didn't leave with anything new. It was my first show as well, the wife and I walked around while the little one spent some time with grandma. We will probably look for a turtle/tortoise in the spring of next year, and I'm working on a second vivarium now for Thumbnails.

May check out the HERPs show in Conroe as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a good thing that I don't live 15 minutes from him - I'd be broke!
He didn't have the thumb I wanted but did say he would probably have some at the next show in Conroe.

Speaking of turtles/tortoises - one of those baby sulfate tortoises almost left with me . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts