Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
where are you located? I live in eastern mi, and harvest my own. I have a lot of grape vine? (I dont know why everybody calls it that, it doesnt produce grapes) Part of the year I work in the woods cutting trees, and find 4inch vines on almost a dayly basis, 6" isnt totally uncommon. I have it in 9 of my tanks and love it. It holds moisture well which grows moss great. I just stick it in the great stuff before it cures. It seems that there is nothing that you can do to stop it from growing though. I have had pieces cut for almost a year and it started growing again after about 2 months. It grows fast, and can cut off the lights from the other plants, so it requires pruning regularly, but I like it. it makes for a constant evolving tank. if interested, I can send you pics. let me know where you live, and if interested, maybe I can send you some.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I have a lot of grape vine? (I dont know why everybody calls it that, it doesnt produce grapes)
it probably is a grape, and does produce grapes, but not anything like the store bought ones. we have grape here, and they produce small green circular fruits, that only slightly resemble store bought. the real distinguishing factor is the leaves, which, from what i've seen' remain fairly similar (like an oak leaf)

james

·
Registered
238 Posts
that looks like it. I have never noticed any grapes tho. I work in the forest and it stays pretty wet about half the year, these vines are like the plague around here, its everywhere you look. I have had to cut down 40+ inch diameter hardwoods that have been choked out by the vine and died.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.