Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is this spindle leg or or deformed? it looks like his feet are on backwards, he's healthy and active otherwise, his tail is also bent. Any hope for him? First time I have had this problem. Has anyone ever let a deformed tad live? If so what was the outcome. Thanks Insect Invertebrate Beetle Weevil Bug

·
Registered
588 Posts
I haven't read up on SLS a lot, but I thought it was just the front legs. That's where I've seen it, but maybe it can be front or back.

Maybe folks will think I"m foolish, but I always think there is hope. I can't help it, I always want to see if they will live. Maybe because I was a premie.

I've never had any with SLS live. But I have had ones with leg deformities live. I have three p. terribillis that each only have three legs. Each is missing one front leg, their other front leg never showed signs of growing and when the legs popped there was only one in front. All three are from the same parents, but not the same clutch and are 11 months old. They are small and grow very slowly even though I have them each in their own separate tank.

Just my opinion, but I wait to see if they can get around on their own and eat before I make any decisions.

Reactions: toronaga

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement, I think I will wait and see, it looks like his front legs are about to pop, will see how they look. He does fine in the water but out of water I don't know...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts