Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you think it is? it looks like it has beter coloration to me. any infor would be great.

G

·
Ficus repens usually does real well in vivs, there is a curly leaf form I've seen in Home Depot as well. It will cover your background eventually. I planted it outside my old place and it took over the outside wall, you can't kill it, you can't get rid of it :)

G

·
great plant

I recieved some cuttings of this along with my retics when I recieved them from Sean S. This is a beautiful ficus pumila and grows very fast! I love the coloration it has.

-Bill J.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Re: pic

How do they grow though? as runners, or bunch, or what? I am looking for almost a ground cover type. I am trying to come up with a idea for my future fant tank and want to mostly leafy plants, but want a couple that grow fast. I have a couple in the tank already, but plan to get some more at IAD.

BillJohnson said:
Kyle, you can see a good detail of the leaves here:

-Bill J.

G

·
It grow in a runner...

It is the plant on the back wall, you can see 2 runners running up the back wall, but you can see it also started to cover the upper log too. I won't use this in any tanks anymore because with the compacts this plant had to be cut back every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ficus repens is synonymous with Ficus pumila (creeping fig). Same plant - no difference. Also, occasionally referred to as Ficus trepador.

Donn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts