Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I'm going to have a terrarium set up in 2 weeks or so, frogs in a couple months. It'd be neat to see if there were other folks here that I could exchange plants with/bug cultures/etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Central Phoenix. Though I could drive wherever, within the city to trade etc when I get all my stuff setup.

·
Registered
198 Posts
live in south Phoenix,next to AZ mills mall.
don't have any frogs though, just building a viv for now

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the Maryvale area. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my first tank. what are some good sources for frogs in town? I work in mesa near AZ Reptiles and Predator reptiles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Predators is the best one in Arizona imo. The staff is very fast and helpful and they know about everything they sell. Stay away from az reptiles they are extremely douchey and act like you are a nuisance everytime. They also don't know anything about frogs. They had two different types of springtails for sale and when I asked the owner the difference between them, he told me he didn't even know what springtails were! Lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Predators is the best one in Arizona imo. The staff is very fast and helpful and they know about everything they sell. Stay away from az reptiles they are extremely douchey and act like you are a nuisance everytime. They also don't know anything about frogs. They had two different types of springtails for sale and when I asked the owner the difference between them, he told me he didn't even know what springtails were! Lol
The staff at AZ Reptiles do tend to be rather elitist. I do respect that they will refrain from selling animals to people that obviously have no idea what they are getting into, but the vibe in the shop is just a huge turnoff. I hope to meet some of the AZ froggers down the road when I get my Viv up and running.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mesa/ San Tan Valley AZ

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone locally got sipaliwini tincs available? Not looking for them immediately, but if someone breeds them, I'll be wanting a few in a month or two :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to double post. I've made a Facebook group for Arizona dart frog owners/enthusiasts.

I posted around in my various fish groups, and it turns out, lots of people are interested in dart frogs around the valley! A few have them, but haven't been on dendroboard.

The goal here is to create an active local community, enabling us to trade frogs/plants/supplies without having to ship stuff across the country.

I'm an active member of several local fish groups, most of which have monthly/semi monthly meetings for this exact reason. And it's always felt so much more fulfilling when I meet up with other hobbyists and buy from them, opposed to buying online.

Anyways, if you're interested in joining, search "Arizona Dart Frog Enthusiasts".

:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts